Hi David -

Your input files for Refmac (I’m not sure about Buster) should have LINKR
records of the form:

LINKR            GLY L  95                     THR L  95A               gap

This has worked fine for me in the past.  The file I happened to excerpt here
was refined with Refmac 5.6.0117 a few years back, but I doubt this has changed
since then.  I’d say to make sure you have all the appropriate LINKRs present
(typically located between SSBOND and CRYST1 records) and try again.

Cheers,
Jared

--
Jared Sampson
Xiangpeng Kong Lab

On Jun 16, 2014, at 6:07 AM, Hargreaves, David
<david.hargrea...@astrazeneca.com<mailto:david.hargrea...@astrazeneca.com>>
wrote:

Dear CCP4bb,

I’m refining an antibody structure which requires Kabat residue numbering with
insertion codes. My setup of Refmac5 and Buster both break peptide bonds
between some (not all) of the residues with insertion codes. I was wondering
whether there is a special way of handling these residues in refinement?

Thanks,

David

David Hargreaves
Associate Principal Scientist
AstraZeneca
Discovery Sciences, Structure & Biophysics
Mereside, 50F49, Alderley Park, Cheshire, SK10 4TF
Tel +44 (0)01625 518521  Fax +44 (0) 1625 232693
David.Hargreaves @astrazeneca.com<mailto:name.surn...@astrazeneca.com>

________________________________

AstraZeneca UK Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with
registered number: 03674842 and a registered office at 2 Kingdom Street,
London, W2 6BD.

Confidentiality Notice: This message is private and may contain confidential,
proprietary and legally privileged information. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system and note that
you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. Any
unauthorised use or disclosure of the contents of this message is not permitted
and may be unlawful.

Disclaimer: Email messages may be subject to delays, interception, non-delivery
and unauthorised alterations. Therefore, information expressed in this message
is not given or endorsed by AstraZeneca UK Limited unless otherwise notified by
an authorised representative independent of this message. No contractual
relationship is created by this message by any person unless specifically
indicated by agreement in writing other than email.

Monitoring: AstraZeneca UK Limited may monitor email traffic data and content
for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime, ensuring the
security of our computer systems and checking compliance with our Code of
Conduct and policies.

This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is proprietary,
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you have received
this email in error please notify the sender by return email and delete the
original message. Please note, the recipient should check this email and any
attachments for the presence of viruses. The organization accepts no liability