Hi all,

I've been playing with the new PDB validation service. It is very pretty
and kudos to all the hard work that has clearly gone into it. I did notice
however that the way the information is presented, there seems to be a bias
towards truncating side chains versus modeling them with higher b-factors.
The disordered side chains have higher RSRZs (rightfully so), but there
doesn't seem to be any indicator for missing atoms. As a results I can make
my validation report "prettier" by truncating versus modeling with high Bs.

I don't want to kick an ant pile here, but given this rather significant
difference in quality reporting, I was wondering if the community had
reached a consensus on this issue that I had missed.

Cheers,
Katherine

--
"Nil illegitimo carborundum"* - *Didactylos