Hello Wei,

is the modified base defined as DNA in the cif? (see below)
Is the O3* or O3'? You need the latter.
And check whether there are three hydrogens on the O3. You need to either remove one from the cif file manually, or name them according to a normal DNA base. (In the latter case, by making the phosphodiester bond, one should be removed, if coot/refmac/phenix know that this is DNA...)

Hope that helps!
Sabine

# ---   LIST OF MONOMERS ---
#