Hi Armando,

 can be many reasons, a few for instance:

- are you sure the ligand you modeled in is the one that is actually there?
- is the positive density around or overlaps with ligand atoms you places?
Then that would means ligand parameters are underrefined (need more
refinement) or not correctly parameterized.
- if that area is totally empty then it could be a flat model bulk-solvent
footprint. However, phenix.refine (if you used it) does correct for this
unwanted effects automatically.

That's all I can tell given the amount of information you provided. If you
send files and explain some more I might be able to offer more comments.

Pavel