Reza,

If your protein is not too small (>20 kDa), use a spin-column (i.e., desalting
column) with G-25 sephedex.  It is CHEAP, fast, and the recovery is good.  We
have even used them to adjust buffer concentrations or to remove micellar
detergents; we have used protein concentrations up to 10 mg/mL, prior to
crystallization.

You will need a clinical centrifuge, G-25 Sephedex (reusable) equilibrated in
your desired buffer, glass wool, 15 mL plastic conical centrifuge tube
(reusable), 5 mL syringe barrel (reusable).

Load the Sephedex into the 5 mL syringe barrel to make a gel bed ≥ 5x the
sample volume
Put into the 15 mL plastic conical centrifuge tube and spin for 2 min to remove
excess buffer
Remove the excess buffer from conical centrifuge tube
Add your sample (0.2 mL to 1 mL) to the gel bed, then spin for 2 min to collect
your cleaned sample.
The sample will be slightly diluted by 10-20% depending on conditions.

We have our students in our undergraduate biochem class do this all the time to
remove ammonium sulfate from protein samples for assay.  If they can do it.....

Or you can buy premade stuff to do the same thing.

Good luck,

Michael

R. Michael Garavito, Ph.D.
Professor of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
603 Wilson Rd., Rm. 513
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824-1319
Office:  (517) 355-9724     Lab:  (517) 353-9125
FAX:  (517) 353-9334        Email:  rmgarav...@gmail.com