There was indeed a bug for which I apologise. It is fixed in version 0.3.11
which will be filtering through CCP4 updates in due course. In the mean time if
you get this bug you will have to revert to an earlier version (0.3.6 or
earlier I think), or you can get it (Linux version) from

ftp://ftp.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/pub/pre/aimless-0.3.11.linux64

Apologies
Phil