On 03/09/14 07:24, Alejandro Virrueta wrote:
Hi,

Hi.

For what it's worth, the coot mailing list may be more appropriate for this sort of question.

Is there a way to make the function 'make-and-draw-map' return the values of the map mean, sigma, max, and min?

No.

I invoke this function in a python script, and the map values are printed to the command line. However, I would like my python script to access these values in order to set up some parameters for other functions downstream. Any ideas?

I can add it in a trice, if you track pre-release - shall I do that?

I have tried stuff with sys.stdout, but it doesn't seem to work. And piping the output to a file from a bash script (i.e. ${cootDir}coot --no-graphics --no-state-script --no-guano -s coot_script_peaks_holes.py > output.file) and parsing it is not what I am looking for.

No, bleugh :-)

Paul.