From: CCP4 bulletin board [CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] on behalf of jeorgemarley
thomas [kirtswab...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 6:33 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] Water molecules after refinement

Dear All,

I am sorry to ask this simple question, but I really need suggestions for this.
As the refinement has been done at 3.0 Angstrom after refinement the water
molecules were added by using "find waters" in coot. After adding water
refinement was done using Refmac 05. Now when I look on the added water
molecules some has density around it and some does not (even no red density
around it). Should I remove later water molecules. and again do the refinement
? Please give some explanation also for this.  as the R free and R meas has
reduced to some extent, also the r m s d contour of map level was kept at 1.09
after refinement. I welcome your suggestions, thanks in advance.

Regards

Jeorge