Hi Tim, Jacob,

                         I must admit that I was very surprised by the
suggestion of a top-hat profile for a in-house rotating anode. We have a Rigaku
Fr-E generator, and Rigaku provided a plot of the beam profile for that (with
VariMax-HR Optic) and it is very far from being top hat, much more
Gaussian-like, which really is what I would have expected for this type of
source and optic.

Without significantly truncating the full profile (i.e. by selecting the very
central part of a Gaussian, which results in a significant loss of flux) I
don't know how they would achieve a top hat profile, but perhaps someone from
Bruker could respond to this ? I guess my point is that certainly not all in
house generators provide a beam with a top hat profile.

Best wishes,

Andrew