Hi Ansuman,
I think that the refinement is putting the atoms in the right place so there is no 'exploding', 1.8 to 1.9A is the ideal length for Mg-F. Even though you did not add Mg, if it is required for catalysis there must be some around and this would then recruited into the MgF3-. As there is not very much, it looks to me like the occupancy is low - reflected both in the negative peak and the way the density looks. Unfortunately, it is very hard to distinguish between Al and Mg but it looks very much to me like you have MgF3- bound here. Best wishes, Matt.