Weird.

I did my best to follow the instructions and -

[andrew-mac-3:~/ccp4-6.5.0/ccp4-src-6.5-gfortran-4.5.0] harry% find . -name
"libccp4f.a"
./builddir/libccp4/fortran/.libs/libccp4f.a
./ccp4-6.4.9/lib/libccp4f.a

I *might* have changed shell to bash when I did the build (I can't remember).

On 14 Mar 2015, at 17:39, Alastair Fyfe wrote:

> Having struggled through similar build problems, I'd like to suggest
> augmenting the existing source and binary distributions with a distribution
> that includes header files and static libraries.
> thanks,
> Alastair Fyfe
> UCSC
>
> On 03/14/2015 05:17 AM, Ian Tickle wrote:
>> Hello All
>>
>> I want to build static libs (libccp4.a etc.), basically to avoid hassle
>> when deploying executables of my own programs to other machines that are
>> not on my LAN and don't have up-to-date compilers or system libraries.
>>
>> I downloaded the CCP4 sources & followed instructions in the README,
>> basically AFAICS just 'setenv BUILD_STATIC 1' (tcsh) and './build libccp4
>> etc.' which claimed to be successful.  But I can't find libccp4*.a
>> anywhere.  In fact 'find' says that the only .a files are in the
>> cmake-3.0.2 directory and are called 'libtest*.a'.  I found
>> 'libccp4c.so.0.0.0' in builddir/libccp4/ccp4/.libs so it seems to be
>> building the dynamic libs.  I also tried 'setenv STATIC 1' but got the same
>> result.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> -- Ian

Harry
--
Dr Harry Powell, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Francis Crick Avenue,
Cambridge Biomedical Campus, Cambridge CB2 0QH