Hello Marc,

obvious differences between card are memory bandwidth, intel 13 GB/sec vs. nvidia 29 GB/s, the texture rate, 2 GTexel/s vs. 31 GTexel/s, and pixel rate, 0.5 GPix/s vs. 15.5 GPix/s. Some of these values result because of graphics memory differences. There is no difference in energy consumption. Question is indeed, what do you need for doing crystallography. If you look at the performance in popular games, the difference is much less than you would expect looking only at the naked values. The intel is merely 20% slower than the nvidia in most reference games.... So, not worth spending the extra money I would say as the actual graphics performance between cards is similar.

However, if you plan to process a lot of graphical data (video editing, etc), the nvidia will by far out-perform the intel. Otherwise, the Intel Iris Pro model is more than fine and you better invest your money by getting more memory.

Best wishes

Jeroen