Ursula,

After extensive testing, I have found out that in most cases pH changes during flash freezing does not pose a problem. In some cases it can be beneficial. I encourage you to try +/- 2 pH units
from your crystallization pH.

Sometimes a sub-optimal pH is chosen just because the crystals were obtained the first time at that pH, sometimes it is for strategic reasons, for example to prevent excessive nucleation. The best pH to obtain BIG crystals is not always the best pH to get the best diffraction.
Test various pH if you have enough crystals to do that.

Enrico.