The last I heard (which was a while ago), Windows could run the stereo emitter over USB with a Geforce card, but Linux still needed a Quadro card with the 3 pin mini-DIN connector. I hope this is no longer true, but I have not heard clear information to the contrary. Note that the text you quote does not mention OS at all.