From: Holly Shipitalo
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2016 7:45 AM
To: 'ccp4bb@jiscmail.ac.uk' <ccp4bb@jiscmail.ac.uk>
Subject: Job Postings

Hello,
I'd like to post the two positions below to your bulletin board. I am a
registered member. Please let me know if you need any other information to
proceed. Thank you very much!

Scientist, Structural Biology

Who We Are

Dart NeuroScience LLC (DNS) is a privately held company with offices in San
Diego, CA.

DNS is a company discovering new technologies and developing new therapies to
help maintain cognitive vitality throughout life. DNS's mission is to become
the leading specialized pharmaceutical company for memory disorders by focusing
on the discovery and development of innovative drugs with new mechanisms of
action. These discoveries are firmly based in a careful examination of the
genes involved in the reorganization of synaptic connections in the brain, a
cellular/molecular process which underlies both implicit (motor skills) and
explicit (facts and events) forms of memory.
Our unique company culture engages employees by promoting thought-provoking
investigation and targeted research opportunities. Our collegial environment
also recognizes the value of stimulating cross-functional communication and
collaboration as catalysts in generating the creative spark that inspires novel
approaches and produces ground-breaking results. We want to attract, retain,
and reward the top talent in our field. If you are looking for a productive,
meaningful career path in the area of neuroscience, we would like to hear from
you!

Job Summary:

DNS is seeking an experienced protein chemist for the structural biology
department. The candidate will be responsible for the development and
implementation of protein purification processes for macromolecular
crystallography studies as well as for biochemical/biophysical assay
development and screening. The candidate is also required to have an extensive
technical background in state-of-the-art protein purification equipment such as
AKTA and processes necessary to establish purification procedures that
reproducibly lead to the generation of crystallization-grade protein in
quantity and quality suitable for structural studies. Major responsibilities
will include independent hands-on experimental protein chemistry work to
support large scale protein purification and characterization. Experience in
membrane protein chemistry and/or protein crystallography is a plus.

The candidate will be working in a creative, dynamic environment and will be
required to be team-oriented with a desire to proactively seek out and
implement new technologies to improve construct design, expression,
purification and crystallization of proteins for 3D structural studies. The
candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and must be organized and
timely with regard to data generation, meeting presentations and study reports.

Qualifications/Requirements:

* Ph.D. in life science with thesis.
* 2+ years of relevant experience in protein structural biology
* Expert knowledge and hands-on experience in successful expression,
purification, bioanalytical and biochemical characterization of proteins
originating from different protein families for crystallization and
3D-structure determination.
* Proven hands-on experience in different protein purification methods (e.g
affinity, size-exclusion, ion-exchange, isoelectric focusing chromatography,
etc.) and biochemical/biophysical characterization techniques (e.g., Western
blot, light scattering, calorimetry, analytical ultracentrifugation, DLS,
thermal melting, protein MassSpec, in vitro assay development, etc.).
* Proven in-depth knowledge and expertise in protein structural biology
demonstrated preferably through principle authorship in peer-reviewed
publication(s).
* Demonstrated independent thought/creativity in science. Excellent
collaboration, communication (oral and written) and multitasking skills and
able to present work formally to Scientific Research Committees.

Benefits:

DNS offers competitive salaries and a great benefits package including paid
holidays, incentive bonuses, healthcare, vision, dental, long-term disability,
life insurance, flexible spending, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan.

Research Associate/Associate Scientist, Structural Biology

[...]

DNS is seeking a motivated Research Associate for the Structural Biology
Department. The candidate is required to have a broad technical background and
experience in state-of-the-art protein purification and crystallization
processes necessary to establish procedures that reproducibly lead to the
generation of crystallization-grade protein and crystals suitable for
structural studies. Major responsibilities will include hands-on experimental
protein chemistry work to support large scale protein purification,
biochemical/biophysical protein characterization and crystallization.

The candidate will be working in a creative, dynamic environment and will be
required to be team-oriented with a desire to proactively seek out and
implement new technologies to improve construct design, expression,
purification and crystallization of proteins for 3D structural studies. The
candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and must be organized and
timely with regard to data generation, meeting presentations and study reports.

 Qualifications/Requirements:

* A BS or MS in life science, with 2+ years of relevant experience in protein
purification and crystallization, preferably in an industrial setting
* Proven in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in different protein
purification methods (e.g affinity, size-exclusion, ion-exchange, isoelectric
focusing chromatography) and biochemical/biophysical characterization
techniques (e.g., Western blot, light scattering, calorimetry, analytical
ultracentrifugation, DLS, thermal melting, protein MassSpec, assay development).
* Proven in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in the crystallization of
proteins and ligand/protein co-complexes using high-throughput crystallization
robotics and methods.
* Demonstrated independent thought/creativity in science. Excellent
collaboration, communication (oral and written) and multitasking skills and
able to present work formally to Scientific Research Committees.

Benefits:

DNS offers competitive salaries and a great benefits package including paid
holidays, incentive bonuses, healthcare, vision, dental, long-term disability,
life insurance, flexible spending, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan.

Holly Shipitalo | Human Resource Generalist

Dart NeuroScience, LLC | 12278 Scripps Summit Dr. San Diego, CA 92131
858-736-3179 (direct) | 858-246-8130 (fax)
hshipit...@dartneuroscience.com<mailto:hshipit...@dartneuroscience.com%0d>
www.dartneuroscience.com<http://www.dartneuroscience.com/>
STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY:
contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended
recipient, be advised you have received this message in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying is strictly prohibited. Please
contact the sender or notify Dart NeuroScience LLC immediately at (858)
246-8100, and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

As part of our research on memory we have created a fun memory test. Take the
extreme memory challenge<http://www.extremememorychallenge.com> today and see
how you compare!

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipients and may
contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized use,
disclosure, or distribution of such information is prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, it is requested that you contact sender by reply email