Hi Eike,

I wouldn't necessarily let the morphology deter you. While working on my
PhD, a colleague collected beautiful data from hollow crystals.

If the crystals collapse while looping, is it possible for you to perform
"micro-surgery" on the crystal so that you only have a single face?
Sometimes you can obtain very nice datasets from plates.

Best,
Chris