Hello all,

I am working on a structure in space group P4 at a resolution of about 4
angstrom.  Xtriage indicates that translational NCS is present.  I am able
to solve the structure by molecular replacement with four copies in the
asymmetric unit, and there are two sets of identical copies.  However,
discontinuous, unfilled Fo-Fc density is present that appears to correspond
to additional copies of the protein in the crystal packing.  I tried having
phaser search for additional components in the ASU, but in each case the
molecular replacement fails.

Is it possible that disordered copies of the protein appear in the ASU that
is accounting for the unfilled density?  Other than the additional density,
the structure looks ok.  I did not have too many problems with refinement
as I was able to get a final Rwork/Rfree of around 0.24/0.29, which seems
pretty decent considering the low resolution.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
Matt