Hi Patrick:

We have used the Clonetech Chaperone Coexpression Kit. That includes GroEL/GroES plasmids.

http://www.clontech.com/BT/Products/Protein_Expression_and_Purification/Bacterial_Expression_Systems/Protein_Folding/Chaperone_Plasmid_Set

Hope this helps,

Alexandra

On 1/19/17 9:19 PM, Patrick Loll wrote:
Hello everyone,

Please allow me to kill two off-topic birds with one email ‘stone’:

1) Can anyone suggest where I can lay hands on the pREP4-GroESL plasmid for bacterial co-expression of GroEL and GroES? I’ve checked with the original author (Philip Cole), but it’s been decades since he published on this, and he’s not sure he can find the plasmid. However, I see recurrent (and recent) references to the plasmid in the literature, so I guess that it’s loose in the wild…

2) We’re looking for a contract research organization to do some Bac-Mam expression for us (we’re in a hurry to get some results, so we’d like to farm it out rather than get the technology going in-house). Can anyone recommend a group (ideally in the US, for logistical ease)?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Pat

Patrick J. Loll, Ph. D.

Professor of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology

Director, Biochemistry Graduate Program

Drexel University College of Medicine

Room 10-102 New College Building

245 N. 15th St., Mailstop 497

Philadelphia, PA19102-1192USA

(215) 762-7706

pjl...@gmail.com <mailto:pjl...@gmail.com>

pl...@drexelmed.edu <mailto:pl...@drexelmed.edu>

--
Alexandra M. Deaconescu, B.E., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology and Biochemistry