Dear all

I am trying to fit a small molecule ligand into a protein complex using
Coot. The data was processed to P212121, at 2.6 A.  What I did was to input
a SMILES string, fit the ligand, merge the ligand into the protein molecule
using 'Merge Molecules' and save coordinates.

After fitting the ligand (now as chain O) I ran restrained refinement in
Refmac5 and the following error returns:

Input file :C:/20161226_1.1_refmac1-coot-1.pdb

  ------------------------------

  ---  LIBRARY OF MONOMERS   ---

 _lib_name         mon_lib

 _lib_version      5.44

 _lib_update       30/05/14

  ------------------------------

  NUMBER OF MONOMERS IN THE LIBRARY          : 13409

                with complete description    : 13409

  NUMBER OF MODIFICATIONS                    :    63

  NUMBER OF LINKS                            :    73

  I am reading libraries. Please wait.

      - energy parameters

      - monomer"s description (links & mod )

FORMATTED      OLD     file opened on unit  45

<B><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">

Logical name: ATOMSF, Filename: C:\CCP4-7\7.0\lib\data\atomsf.lib

</FONT></B>

  Number of atoms    :   19934

  Number of residues :    2577

  Number of chains   :      15

  I am reading library. Please wait.

                mon_lib.cif

ERROR : DUM : duplicated atom_name : "DUM ".

          chain: OO   residue:    1

(And the error repeats itself for >100 times)

I believe it is due to the nomenclature of the ligand wherein Refmac
mistook atoms as DUM.  (Also, the chain ID O was identified as OO?)  In a
test run I carried out rigid body refinement and the programme finished
without issues.

Is there a way I could rectify the above problem? Thanks in advance for
your attention and input.

Kind regards

Sam Tang
Biochemistry Programme, School of Life Sciences, CUHK