Hi,

I had this problem with Yosemite. Clicking on the icon still doesn’t open the
program, but I can start it using the sh command in XQuartz..
I’m not sure if there was something else I had to do in order for this to work
(it’s been a while since I started using it like this), but perhaps just try it.

Cheers,
Freia