Von: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] Im Auftrag von Roger
Shek
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 26. April 2017 03:23
An: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Betreff: [ccp4bb] Contouring 2Fo-Fc map, large blobs in Fo-Fc

Hi everyone,

We have a structure that phaser found a solution for in P1, even though there
is a large off-origin Patterson peak indicating pseudo NCS. However, the
2mFo-Fc map needs to be contoured up to >3 sigma to be reasonable, going lower
makes it look like what I normally see at <1 sigma. If you look at the Fo-Fc
map, there are large areas of positive and negative density. The 2mFo-Fc map
looks very convincing, you can see the tyrosines, phenyl rings, etc...Also
phaser gave LLG of >400 and a TFZ of ~14. Rfree is ~0.45. Does anyone know
what's going on?

Thanks,
Roger

--
Roger Shek

Stony Brook University
Graduate Student in Biochemistry and Structural Biology (PhD)
Stony Brook Integrative Structural Biology
Organization<https://sbintstrbio.wordpress.com/>
Cell: (808) 386-3879