Dear Khoa Pham,

the question of a formal definition of en "effective" resolution and its
variability with space direction is discussed in

a) Urzhumtseva, L., Klaholz, B.P., Urzhumtsev, A. (2013) " On effective and
optical resolution of diffraction data sets". Acta Cryst., D69 , 1921-1934.
b) Urzhumtseva, L., Urzhumtsev, A. (2015) "A program to calculate effective
resolution". J. Appl. Cryst., 48 , 589-597.

With best regatrds,

Sacha Urzhumtsev