I’m intrigued by the prospect of using AMPLE to test multiple distant homologs
in a MR problem. I’ve used HHPRED to identify about 20 high-probability
homologs of known structure, each of which has about 20-25% identity with the
unknown protein. However, it’s not clear to me from the documentation whether
the program will use the alignments from HHPRED, and, if so, how I should
provide that information.

Or does AMPLE perform its own alignment? I.e., do I simply point the program to
a directory containing 20 different PDB files and stand back?

Thanks for any insights.

Cheers,

Pat
Patrick J. Loll, Ph. D.
Professor of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Drexel University College of Medicine
Room 10-102 New College Building
245 N. 15th St., Mailstop 497
Philadelphia, PA  19102-1192  USA