your enzyme cannot give definite fragment. thus smear

发自网易邮箱大师

在2017年09月30日 19:28,Mohammad Khan 写道:
Dear all,

I am working with an exonuclease and I run the digested DNA on a
8Murea-20%acrylamide gel in TBE buffer. I use the Mini-Protean BioRad system
and cast gels of about 8.6x6.5 cm dimensions with 1.5 mm thickness. I use a 15
well comb. I run my gels at 70 V for as long as 4 hours till my undigested DNA
reaches half the gel distance. I use 20-30 nt long susbtrates.

I am mostly not able to get distinct bands of the digested products but rather
get a smear. Is there any way to make sure that I get distinct digested
products rather than a smear?

I am looking forward for suggestions from all!

Thank you.

Ciao!