Hi,

   Bond length and angle targets are defined based on the local
chemistry and apply equally to small and large molecules.  The
Ramachandran distributions were defined via an examination of,
basically, tripeptides.  Your peptide model must be consistent with
these prior observations to be considered reliable.  If it is not there
is likely something seriously wrong with your interpretation.

   In addition, your model peptide must make chemically reasonable
interactions with its partner.  You didn't describe this aspect of your
model, but this is equally critical in the evaluation of the model of a
bound ligand.

   In my opinion the most likely explanation is that multiple
conformations of the peptide are binding.  Without seeing the density or
being able to examine the data it is hard to generate possibilities.

Dale Tronrud