Senior Principal Scientist, Protein Engineering, Biologics Research
Sanofi <https://www.linkedin.com/company/1642/life/>
Framingham, MA, US

(Formerly Sanofi Genzyme)
Apply here:
https://sanofi.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Sanoficareers/job/Framingham-MA/Senior-Principal-Scientist--Protein-Engineering--Biologics-Research_R16366?src=SNS-10723&source=Linkedin

Job description:
Sanofi tirelessly continues on its path towards becoming a world-class
biologics organization and it is expanding the capabilities in this area.
Global Biologics Research platform is one of the key cornerstones of this
ambition, through its mission and key objectives to discover, design and
generate novel biologics for research portfolio, and to develop and implement
innovative state-of-the-art technologies. In order to further strengthen our
Biologics Research technology powerhouse, we are seeking exceptional talents
with strong background in biologics and highly innovative and creative mindset.

A highly motivated candidate is sought to join the Protein Engineering team
with the US Sanofi Biologics Research organization. The individual will join
and lead our crystallography efforts for determining the structures of complex
biologics formats, including multi-specific antibody antigen complexes, and
carrying out structure-based analysis and designs. The individual will oversee
a small team of PhD scientists working on X-ray crystallography, determining,
analyzing and interpreting the structures to assist protein engineering
efforts. The individual will work with project teams to assess and address
sequence and structure-functions issues, and apply structure-based analysis and
designs to improve therapeutic index of our Biologics R&D pipeline. The
individual will have strong communication skills to collaborate effectively
with team members and collaborators in protein expression, modification, and
characterization areas, and to represent structure biology and protein
engineering teams in project meetings and collaborations. This position will
report to Head of Protein Engineering in US Sanofi Biologics Research.

Qualifications

Ph.D. in protein crystallography or equivalent with a minimum of 10 years of
relevant work experience, in either academic or Biotech and Pharmaceutical
companies. Proven in-depth knowledge and expertise in protein structural
biology demonstrated preferably through principal authorship in peer-reviewed
publications. Specifically, candidates must have extensive experience in
protein complex expression, purification, crystallization, data collection and
structure determination with strong protein chemistry skills. Prior experience
on antibody structure determination and structure-based design is highly
desired. The candidate also needs to have excellent communication and
presentation skills, and work well in a team and matrix environment. Prior
management experience is preferred.
Sanofi is a global healthcare leader focused on patients' needs, engaged in the
research, development, manufacturing and marketing of therapeutic solutions
focused on patients' needs. Sanofi has core strengths in diabetes solutions,
human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets and
Sanofi Genzyme.

At Sanofi, our ambition is to be an integrated global healthcare company,
focused on patients' needs. Much more than just a leading pharmaceutical
company, Sanofi is committed to transforming scientific innovations into
solutions and services that protect health, enhance life, and respond to the
needs of the 7 billion people in the world. We trust our ambition to guide and
inspire us as we work to create a future with optimal health and wellness for
everyone.
https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/423614880/