Hi All,
We have a postdoctoral position available and would appreciate your help in
spreading the word.

Postdoctoral Position in Structural and Chemical Biology of Neurodegenerative
diseases.

Position Description: Applicants are invited to apply for a postdoctoral
fellowship position in Dr. Hoang's laboratory at Indiana University School of
Medicine.  Our research focuses on delineating the molecular mechanisms of
neurodegeneration. We use a broad range of experimental methods, including
molecular dynamic simulation and in silico docking, molecular cloning, protein
biochemistry, enzymology, X-ray crystallography, electron microscopy (including
cryo-EM), NMR, yeast genetics, mammalian cell models, and C. elgans. Basically,
we would go wherever the science takes us. Examples of some the methods that we
employ can be gleaned from our prior: Hoang QQ et al. Nature. 425: 977-980
(2003); Liao J. et al. PNAS. 111(11):4055-60 (2014), Oh M et al. PNAS.
111(30):11007-12 (2014), and Wang W. et al. PNAS. 113(34):9587-92 (2016).

Requirements: We expect this position to be filled with a recent PhD in
biophysics, biochemistry, chemistry, bioengineering, or a related discipline
providing solid knowledge of biological macromolecules.  Experience in protein
expression and purification is essential, as is familiarity with
thermodynamics, biochemistry, and quantitative data analysis.  We are
particularly interested in a person who has expertise in one or more methods
mentioned above and is looking to learn new complimentary skills to carry out a
multidisciplinary investigation into molecular mechanisms of brain
degeneration. The applicant needs to be a team worker with good communication
skills.

To Apply:
Applicants should submit the following: brief description of research
interests and career goals, CV, and contact information for three references to
Dr. Quyen Hoang (qqho...@iu.edu).

Cheers,
Quyen

Quyen Hoang, PhD
Associate Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Adjunct Associate Professor of Neurology
Primary Investigator of the Stark Neuroscience Research Institute
Indiana University School of Medicine
635 Barnhill Drive, MS0013C
Indianapolis, IN, 46202
(317)274-4371