Dear all,

  this is a question about scaling data integrated in CrystalClear
(Rigaku data processing gui based on d*trek) in ccp4.
Since scaling dtprofit.ref files from different scans is sometimes poor
or even failing within CrystalClear (i.e. with dtscaleaverage after
merging them), I used to try scaling them with scala. I am facing this
problem mainly with high resolution / small molecule data collection,
where I need up to 20 scans, each 90-180 degrees, for complete low and
high resolution.

The procedure, that worked, was using

dtrek2scala for each scan (with scan1.ref and output_scan1.head, then a
second run of dtrek2scala for scan2.ref and output_scan2.head, etc.) to
create scan1.mtz, scan2.mtz, etc.
sortmtz with scan1.mtz, scan2.mtz, ... to create a multibatch mtz file
scala with the multibatch.mtz file to create the final scaled mtz file

Some time ago Rigaku changed the format of the .ref files, so
dtrek2scala is not working any more.
Is there a possibility to change the new .ref format to the old one? Or
can I read the new .ref files in scala or better aimless directly?

The alternative to process the images in xds hits a similar problem: The
format of the images has also changed and the new .img files (from the
Saturn92 detector) are not read anymore (whereas they used to be
processable in xds before).

Greetings
  Gottfried

Dr. Gottfried Palm