Dear all,
We have an open postdoc fellowship in my group at Umeå University, Sweden.

The fellow will use cryo-EM (single particle and tomography) to study the structures of virus particles as well as proteins involved in virus replication. This project will explore two extremes of cryo-EM: molecules previously considered too small for EM, and megadalton virus particles where the infection-critical features break the symmetry of the virus particle. The fellow will have ample access to our Titan Krios microscope.

Cryo-EM is a core method of our lab, and we will be able to provide in-house training to motivated people with a different background. This project could thus be ideal for a person with background in X-ray crystallography and biochemistry eager to expand their methods scope to single particle cryo-EM. Collaborations with internationally leading virology labs are established.

For each project we provide a two-year fellowship with possibility of extension.

More info, including how to apply, is here:
https://www.nature.com/naturejobs/science/jobs/629593-postdoc-opportunity-structural-studies-of-viruses-and-viral-proteins-by-cryo-electron-microscopy

Any questions, just ask. We look forward to hearing from you.

Best,
Lars

--
Lars-Anders Carlson