Von: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] Im Auftrag von Denis
Rousseau
Gesendet: Dienstag, 28. November 2017 20:04
An: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Betreff: [EXTERNAL] [ccp4bb] Differences in a homodimer protein

Hi BB members

I have a homodimeric protein, which contains metal centers. In several
different derivatives I find a water molecule on a metal center in one subunit
which is absent on the other.  It is always the same subunit that contains the
water molecule. The resulution is ~2.4 A. Is this an artifact or a functional
difference? If it is truly homodimeric I would expect differences to be random.
The space group is P212121.

Thanks for the advice.

Denis Rousseau