Hi

On behalf of my colleague Tómas Plivilic I would like to draw attention to a
postdoctoral position within time_resolved BioSAXS opening at MAX IV in Lund,
Sweden..

The CoSAXS beamline is a state-of-the-art multipurpose Small Angle X-ray
Scattering (SAXS) instrument at MAX IV which is currently under construction
(https://www.maxiv.lu.se/accelerators-beamlines/beamlines/cosaxs/). It will
offer high brilliance, monochromatic and tunable X-rays, with outstanding
performance in low beam divergence, high X-ray flux, and variable beam sizes in
the full range of the sample-detector distances provided by the beamline (up to
18 m).

The beamline will be equipped with state of the art SAXS/WAXS detectors.
Several techniques will be available through modular operation: time resolved
SAXS, SAXS/WAXS, protein solution SAXS (BioSAXS), micro-focusing SAXS and XPCS.
It is due to commence full user operation in 2019.

We are offering a postdoctoral position to develop the capabilities of the
beamline to perform time resolved BioSAXS measurements at seconds to
milliseconds time scales. The postdoc should be prepared to integrate a flowing
sample environment with rapid data collection strategies whilst, for example,
inducing temperature jumps by either laser or terahertz radiation heating.
Specific data interpretation strategies should be introduced.

The candidate will also be able to develop their own research projects
exploring further possibilities for time resolved SAXS in a broader range of
applications. Support will be provided including development beamtime and the
possibility to apply for beamtime in other large scale facilities. The
technical developments will be made available to the CoSAXS user community of
MAX IV Laboratory. This position is funded through a Röntgen-Ångström-Cluster
funded project “Non-equilibrium thermodynamics of biology studied by
time-resolved small-angle X-ray and neutron scattering” (http://ttsas.eu).

For more information on this position see
https://lu.varbi.com/en/what:job/jobID:184632/iframeEmbedded:0/where:4
To contact at Max IV: ann.te...@maxiv.lu.se<mailto:ann.te...@maxiv.lu.se> or
tomas.plivi...@maxiv.lu.se<mailto:tomas.plivi...@maxiv.lu.se>

Best regards

Marjolein Thunnissen
[cid:3A2194AC-734C-45EB-B5A7-CE7FC0F0F1BC]

Dr. Marjolein Thunnissen
Head User Office

MAX IV Laboratory
Lund University
P.O. Box 118, SE-221 00 Lund, Sweden
Visiting address: Fotongatan 2, 225 94 Lund
Telephone:    +46 46 2224668
Mobile:          +46 766 32 04 17
www.maxliv.lu.se<http://www.maxlab.lu.se/>