Dear Dr. Anastassis,

                                     In my practical experience, (homo)
oligomeric helical proteins have greater 222 nm (more negative mdeg) dips
compared to 208 nm, whereas in contrast the coiled coils have greater 208
nm dips over 222, and the depth at 208 nm increases with the total number
of coils present in the protein.

          Interestingly, the CD thermal denaturation profiles for both
helical and coiled coils, show a linear dependence with temperature in the
pre-transition.

Regards,

Bhanu

--