From all these individual images, it should be possible to distill the cell
lengths and angles. Using this parameters, I would again process all images and
compile a P1 data set.

Then, I would analyze the resulting data set with pointless or aimless or
similar programs to try to find out what the point group and space group COULD
be.

Good luck!
Herman

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] Im Auftrag von Gihan
Ketawala
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 19. April 2018 03:13
An: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Betreff: [EXTERNAL] [ccp4bb] determining the point group and the space group

Hi,
my question is;
how should one determine a point group and the space group of an unknown
crystal?

I have a protein crystal with know unit-cell parameters. (these are XFEL data
so indexing wouldn't give the point and space groups). I checked the PDB, but
no luck the PDB structures have the different space group assigned, no
definitive answer hopefully, somebody can point me in the right direction

Best,
Gihan