Dear Boaz, Jan,

Currently the base version 7.0.0 is installed and all updates are then
applied on top of this. This is very costly in terms of time and bandwidth.
To mitigate this, a new mechanism is being developed by CCP4. A checkpoint
version will be installed (something like minus 10 updates from the most
recent) and then the last few updates applied. This will help improve the
speed of installation, while still allowing a few updates to be rolled
back, if required. The final kinks are being ironed out from the new
installers at the moment, so these should be available fairly soon. There
will eventually be a new release of CCP4, resetting the update count to
zero, but that's a longer term plan.

Cheers
-- David