Dear Partha
you do not specify which HEK293 cell line you have used, but if it so happens
that it is the very handy HEK293S MGAT1-/- cell line (previously known as
HEK293S GnTI-/- ) which produces N-linked Man5GlcNAc2 glycans you might want to
consider using EndoH (e.g. see Verstraete et al. DOI: 10.1038/ncomms14937) or
even Jack-bean alpha-mannosidase (e.g. see Bloch et al.
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.immuni.2017.12.008
<https://doi.org/10.1016/j.immuni.2017.12.008>).
Kifunensine, an inhibitor of N-glycosylation processing, tends to work quite
well for protein expression in HEK293T and renders N-linked glycans digestible
by EndoH (see Chang et al. DOI 10.1016/j.str.2007.01.011 ; Felix et al.
http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.str.2015.06.019
<http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.str.2015.06.019> ; Elegheert et al.
doi:10.1038/nsmb.2367).

If resources and protein material allow, you might also want to consider the
permutation exercise of subjecting the complex to deglycosylation, or the
individual components followed by complex formation/purification, or just one
of the two components followed by complex formation/purification, or even one
of the two components followed by further deglycosylation of the complex. We
are becoming more and more apprehensive of the possible role of glycans in
complex formation.
And then there is of course the option to apply mutagenesis, e.g. via N—>Q, to
eliminate certain N-linked glycans either as a standalone approach or in
combination with enzymatic glycan digestions as described above.

Best wishes
Savvas

---
Savvas Savvides
VIB Center for Inflammation Research
Dept. Biochemistry & Microbiology, Ghent University
Technologiepark 927, B-9052 Ghent (Zwijnaarde), Belgium
+32 (0)472 928 519 (mobile) ; +32 9 331 36 60 (office) ; Skype:
savvas.savvides_skype
http://www.vib.be/en/research/scientists/Pages/Savvas-Savvides-Lab.aspx