You are  all extremely informed and clever!!
This file is part of an old archive of haemoglobin structures from the
1990s.
I suspect they are all generated on a VAX from lcf files when I was
"updating" the archive..

So now if I have the character I can update them all again, in the unlikely
event that someone will want to use them!

Thank you all very much
Eleanor