2 Scientists (f/m/diverse) at Beamline P11, PETRA III

We are seeking two highly motivated scientists (f/m/diverse) to enhance
our macromolecular crystallography research team at this state-of-the-art
beamline at DESY in Hamburg, Germany.

DESY is one of the world’s leading research centres for photon science,
particle and astroparticle physics as well as accelerator physics. More
than 2400 employees work at our two locations Hamburg and Zeuthen in
science, technology and administration.

Looking back on a long tradition in research with synchrotron radiation,
DESY is one of the leading centres in the field of photon science
worldwide. With the storage ring PETRA III and the Free-Electron-Laser
FLASH, DESY offers a unique combination of photon sources to the
scientific community. PETRA III, one of the most brilliant hard X-ray
facilities worldwide, currently provides 20 undulator beamlines for
experiments utilizing the extreme source brilliance. The 'Bioimaging and
Diffraction Beamline P11' provides extremely high flux denisities allowing
for ultra-fast 3D structure determination of biological samples.

What we offer:

·       Develop and pursue own independent research projects in the field
of macromolecular and serial crystallography

·       Commissioning of new instrumentation and implementation of new
techniques and software applications at the beamline

·       Work in an interdisciplinary team in very close collaboration with
the user community

·       User support at P11

What we're looking for:

·       PhD in biochemistry, chemistry or a related field

·       Strong background in X-ray crystallography and protein structure
determination using synchrotron radiation and/or free electron lasers are
required

·       Good experimental skills and strong interest in instrumentation
development are beneficial

·       Programming skills in Python or C++ would be an asset

For further information please contact Dr. Anja Burkhardt 040-8998-1775,
<mailto:anja.burkha...@desy.de> anja.burkha...@desy.de.

The position is limited to 2 years.

We are looking forward to your application (including CV, research
experience, and two names and contact information for references) via our
application system:  <http://www.desy.de/onlineapplication>
www.desy.de/onlineapplication

Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY

Code: FSPO020/2018

Notkestraße 85 | 22607 Hamburg Germany

Phone: +49 40 8998-3392

http://www.desy.de/career

Deadline for applications: 2018/12/11

With best regards

Heinrich Zimmermann

--

Heinrich Zimmermann

Personnel Officer HR Recruitment

Human Resources (V2)

Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY

A Research Center of the Helmholtz Association

Notkestr. 85, 22607 Hamburg

phone: 040-8998-1589

fax: 040-8998-3282

email: heinrich.zimmerm...@desy.de

web: http://www.desy.de

for guests: building 07 room 502

WE ARE RECRUITING!

Become a Part of us. You can find our current job openings right here:
www.desy.de/jobs

We are looking forward to your application!