Dear Program devs and enthusiasts,

After seeing James' email (on dismal CPU performance), I was searching
for various ideas and found the so-called "Clear Linux Project". Seems
" function multi-version patch" leads to significant improvements.
Though I could install the precompiled binary of CCP4 and phenix
without any issues but there are no improvements to runtime as FMV
needs 'patching' and compiling.

Could DIALS, CCP4 or Phenix programmers see if this is
useful/possible? Has anyone tried it?

https://clearlinux.org/documentation/clear-linux/tutorials/fmv
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=clear-faster-blas&num=1

Best regards,