The Zhang Lab (zhanglab.bio) focuses on discovering and harnessing novel
biological systems for development as molecular tools.  In addition to our work
with CRISPR-Cas systems, we have recently identified a number of additional
exciting biological systems and we are working to understand their function and
mechanisms. We are looking to recruit a sharp, experienced, creative Structural
Biologist to lead projects aimed at mechanistically characterizing these novel
systems and rationally engineering them for use as biotechnologies.
The candidate will pursue his/her own structural biology projects within the
group, collaborating with existing lab members or new hires as needed to
advance the projects. Candidate must have strong background in biochemistry and
structural biology research with successful demonstration of the ability to
solve protein structures, and of particular interest, protein assemblies
including RNA and DNA molecules. The ideal candidate will also possess superior
experimental planning and execution skills, an open mind, curiosity about
molecular mechanisms, and a strong desire to tinker.

The Zhang lab is a member of the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard and
McGovern Institute at MIT, and a part of the greater Boston life-science
community including MIT and Harvard with ready access to structural biology
resources, beamlines and Krios Cryo-TEM. Our lab is a fun, vibrant, fast-paced,
result-driven, and collaborative environment with state-of-the-art research
facilities and support from NIH, HHMI, and various foundations and
philanthropies. We are a unique multidisciplinary lab working to bridge
fundamental biology and development of biotechnology.

The Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard offers an outstanding place to work. The
workplace culture is diverse, dynamic, progressive, and supports a healthy
work-life balance. To support this mission, we strive for a workplace culture
that supports diversity, intellectual curiosity, flexibility, and integrity.
Broad employees receive a generous benefits package (including a highly
competitive salary, dental, vision and health insurance, retirement plan, and
additional benefits) and a range of possibilities for career advancement.
Details on our benefits package can be found here -
https://www.broadinstitute.org/benefits/benefits-working-broad

PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

·       Develop, lead, and execute research projects

·       Stay current on the field and think deeply about creative new ways to
have an impact

·       Contribute to the lab through teamwork and discussion

·       Help to train, supervise, and mentor junior staff as needed

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:

·       PhD in relevant field (structural biology, biochemistry, biophysics,
molecular biology)

·       Extensive experience with biochemical, structural, and/or biophysical
experimental techniques

·       Demonstrated scientific contributions to the field

·       Proven ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems

Contact: zhangoff...@broadinstitute.org<mailto:zhangoff...@broadinstitute.org>