This sounds like a case for the Arcimboldo program developed by the Uson group
(http://chango.ibmb.csic.es/ <http://chango.ibmb.csic.es/>), of which three
versions are in CCP4 (Borges, Lite and Shredder).
This will use short secondary structure elements in a mixed MR/ab initio
approach.
We almost never get it to work with our well-diffracting beta-structured
proteins :-(, but for alpha-helical proteins it apparently has a really good
success rate.

a recent paper on use of Arcimboldo for coiled coils is here:
https://journals.iucr.org/d/issues/2018/03/00/cb5097/
<https://journals.iucr.org/d/issues/2018/03/00/cb5097/>

Mark J van Raaij
Dpto de Estructura de Macromoleculas