Hi Heng-Keat,

I had again a look at your electron density pictures and these were my
impressions:
1) the Arginine as fitted looks fully occupied. There are no hints for an
alternative conformations.
2) The fit of the ligand, although reasonable, is not extremely good.

It seems that the only reason to invoke partial occupancies for the Arginine
and ligand are problems to fit both the ligand and the arginine in the
available density. This means that for the overlapping parts, to sum of the
occupancies is maximal 1.0. However, the ligand and the Arginine do not look
half occupied.

So I would look at other explanations:
- would it be possible that the ligand reacts covalently with the Arginine? The
density looks pretty continuous to me.
- could it be that instead of the intended ligand, some side- or degradation
product has bound?

What I would also do, but what you probably already did, is to delete the
ligand and the Arginine side chain atoms and run several rounds of refinement,
to get an electron density map with as much bias as possible removed.

Good luck!
Herman