As Organizing Committee, we are proud to invite you to the school entitled "From Gene to Protein Crystal Structure" (GeCrySchool2020) that will be held at ELETTRA synchrotron (Basovizza, TS) next year.

Below, you will find some information about the school:

- Aim of the School: providing the technical knowledge to get the X-ray crystal structure of a protein by starting from the genetic information;

- Target: postDoc and PhD students with limited experience in the field of protein crystallography;

- School organization: the school is divided in two sessions:
* session I "From Gene to Crystal" (from 21 to 24 January 2020, max 12 participants). topics: expression, purification, and crystallization of proteins; * session II "From Crystal to Structure" (from 3 to 6 March 2020, max 15 participants) topics: diffraction experiment, obtaining the crystalline structure,validation and Protein Data Bank deposition. Each session includes short theoretical lessons, technical lessons, and lab sessions (at least 4h per day).

- registration: each participant can choose to which School session apply, according to his background. Deadline: 10th December 2019 for both sessions.

Please, remember that lessons will be held in Italian languages mainly.
You can find more information on our website (http://www.gecryschool-edition-1.it) or you can contact us to our e-mail address gecryschool@gmailcom.

We are waiting for you at the ELETTRA synchrotron!!!

Dr. Caliandro Rosanna
University of Bolzano, Facoltà di Scienze e Tecnologie

Dr. Pozzi Cecilia
University of Siena, Dip. di Biotecnologie, Chimica e Farmacia

Dr. Tassone Giusy
University of Siena, Dip. di Biotecnologie, Chimica e Farmacia

Dr. Belviso Benny Danilo
CNR, Istituto di Cristallografia

--
Dr. Belviso Benny Danilo, PhD