Hi Matthias,

did you use correct model parameterization and optimal refinement strategy
for the resolution? Such as:
- Add H atoms;
- Refine all but H atoms with anisotropic ADPs;
- Model alternative conformations (that one'd expect many at this
resolution);
- Add solvent (water, crystallization cocktail components if you see any);
- Relax restraints on geometry and ADPs;
.... long list!

If not, then what you have in terms of R factors is more or less what I'd
expect.

In the absence of obvious data pathologies, I'd expect Rwork/Rfree in
10-15% range, and the Rfree-Rwork gap around 1-2% or less.

Since you mentioned Phenix refinement, I am happy to help you with details
etc off-list.

Pavel