Hi

Apropos Mosflm - if you have HDF5 files from ESRF (or Diamond, probably
elsewhere) you can sum the images internally to whatever rotation range per
pseudo image you want (so if you have, say, 0.05º physical images you could
process 0.1, 0.15, 0.20º, etc), provided you have installed Mosflm 7.3.* (not
yet distributed as part of CCP4, as far as I can work out [apologies to CCP4
core group if they’ve done this and I haven’t noticed], although it’s been
available for quite some time…).

I wouldn’t recommend summing to 1.0º unless the mosaicity is really quite large
- iMosflm itself will suggest an appropriate value, and in my limited
experience of processing reasonable quality datasets (during testing) the
optimum often turns out to be ~0.2 - 0.5º (based on metrics like CC-1/2, Rmeas,
I/sig(I) etc).

Just my two ha’porth

Harry