Dear Ana,

you may want to check how many single board computers (like the Raspberry Pi
or true open source hardware platform) you can buy for a single GPU high end
graphics card.
It may be cheaper at better performance compared to GPU computing.

XDS (and possibly also DIALS) can distribute its job across ssh, hence you
only need the appropriate network connections.

XDS wouldn't run on Raspberry Pi, although it may not be difficult to port.

Best,
Tim

On Tuesday, February 18, 2020 8:48:17 PM CET Ana Carolina de Mattos Zeri
wrote:
> Dear all
> we have asked this of a few people, but the question remains:
> does any of you have experienced/tried using GPU based software to treat MX
> data? for reducing or subsequent image analysis? is it a lost battle?
> how do you deal with the crescent amount of data we are facing, at
> Synchrotrons and XFELs? Here at the Manaca beamline at Sirius we will
> continue to support CPU based software, but due to developments in the
> imaging beam lines, GPU machines are looking very attractive. many thanks
> in advance for your thoughts,
> all the best
> Ana
>

> Ana Carolina Zeri, PhD
> Manaca Beamline Coordinator (Macromolecular Micro and Nano Crystallography)
> Brazilian Synchrotron Light Laboratory (LNLS)
> Brazilian Center for Research in Energy and Materials (CNPEM)
> Zip Code 13083-970, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
> (19) 3518-2498
> www.lnls.br<http://www.lnls.br>
> ana.z...@lnls.br<mailto:ana.z...@lnls.br>
>

> Aviso Legal: Esta mensagem e seus anexos podem conter informa??es
> confidenciais e/ou de uso restrito. Observe atentamente seu conte?do e
> considere eventual consulta ao remetente antes de copi?-la, divulg?-la ou
> distribu?-la. Se voc? recebeu esta mensagem por engano, por favor avise o
> remetente e apague-a imediatamente.
>
> Disclaimer: This email and its attachments may contain confidential and/or
> privileged information. Observe its content carefully and consider possible
> querying to the sender before copying, disclosing or distributing it. If
> you have received this email by mistake, please notify the sender and
> delete it immediately.

Tim Gruene
Head of the Centre for X-ray Structure Analysis
Faculty of Chemistry
University of Vienna

Phone: +43-1-4277-70202

GPG Key ID = A46BEE1A