Coot 0.9 is released.

  This release has been a long-term effort (4 years according to my notes). It is powerful but not as   clean and stable as I would have liked, but I don't want to delay any longer. Many of the additions   and updates have been focused on the problems posed by cryo-EM reconstructions - still quite

  useful for crystallography though

   I will be building some binaries shortly.

   I you (also) read the Coot mailing list you will get this twice :-(

Paul.

  o REQUIREMENT:  C+11 required for compilation

  o REQUIREMENT:  Boost required for compilation

  o FEATURE: Automatic addition of alpha helix, nucleic acid stacking and pairing restraints and
             metal coordination bond restraints

  o FEATURE: Standard molecular representation now has "atoms" (not just bonds).
             Waters are balls, not crosses

  o FEATURE: interactive representation of Ramachandran and rotamer probabilities during refinement
             Add set_show_intermediate_atoms_rota_markup()
             Add set_show_intermediate_atoms_rama_markup()

  o FEATURE: Curlew (the Extensions Wrangler) now has a menu item and has been redesigned

  o FEATURE: Added function "Go To Middle of Cryo-EM Reconstruction Molecule"

  o FEATURE: Sharpen/blur map feature added

  o CHANGE:  Improved Real Space Refinement - now refinement is on-going instead of activated by
             dropping (releasing) the atom

  o CHANGE:  Multi-threaded code for real-space refinement, jiggle-fit, rotamer probabilities,
             atom overlaps, restraints generation, density contouring

  o CHANGE:  Improved Jiggle Fit

  o CHANGE:  All option menus replaced by comboboxes

  o CHANGE:  The non-bonded contact model is now Lennard-Jones

  o CHANGE:  Lidia chemical diagram rendering improvements

  o CHANGE:  "Hit" atom radius increased for atom picking

  o CHANGE:  Chiral atom restraints tightened, torsion restraints use a canonical cosine form

  o CHANGE:  Rotamer fitting deletes clashing waters

  o CHANGE:  Origin marker is now white

  o CHANGE (API): Add access to CaBLAM markup

  o CHANGE (API): Create multiple maps based on atom selection masking

  o CHANGE (API): Add access to shift-field B-factor refinement (algorithm from Kevin Cowtan)

  o BUG-FIX: Improved XML parsing of molecules from Wikipedia

  o BUG-FIX: Align & Mutate output fixed