http://bl831.als.lbl.gov/~jamesh/pickup/ano_sfall.com

-James Holton
MAD Scientist

On 5/14/2020 3:28 PM, Bernhard Rupp wrote:

Thanks to all. Mapmask works. Yes the order to change to is ZXY. Map from coefficients indeed looks like the directly loaded map, jus the scale is different (I supplied no reference PDB)

The remaining issue is  - a pain to automate.

I tried Refmac- there is a mention of an sfall mode and I tried to input the map and a reference HKL .. In that case, refmac simply stops after reading the map.

If I add a XYZIN to scale the map, I get a mtz but not from the map, which is never read.

I am not even sure – this is from the EM part in the instructions – if this is intended to work in this fashion.

Has somebody tried that successfully with an Xray map?

Many thanks again, BR

*From:* CCP4 bulletin board <CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK> *On Behalf Of *Alejandro Buschiazzo
*Sent:* Thursday, May 14, 2020 15:10
*To:* CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
*Subject:* Re: [ccp4bb] Using SFall for map conversion

Oh…maybe I suggested the wrong order then (Y X Z  - for SG 20) ?

…I do realize YXZ is not an XYZ cyclic permutation (whereas ZXY is)…I dug it from an old script of mine, so now rechecked the FFT doc …but yes, FFT says that Y X Z is the std axis ordering for SGs higher-than 18…I’m probably missing something silly here (any clue James?)

Best, ale

    On May 14, 2020, at 6:45 PM, James Holton <jmhol...@lbl.gov