This reminds me of something that we crystallized a few years back. It indexed
as I222 (or I2(1)2(1)2(1)) and the cell was quite small; too small for the
protein of interest. Almost certainly a contaminant, but it didn’t show up in
Contaminer. Diffracted like gangbusters, but we never figured out what it is.
Very annoying. Unfortunately I can’t tell you cell constants, because those
data are locked in my office and my institution is locked down...

> On 22 May 2020, at 6:08 AM, Demou, Maria <maria.demou...@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
> I have a question that may have a straight forward answer, and was wondering
> if this is a common issue. We have a protein crystallised in I222 space
> group. This is CRP, but the monomer/pentamer is not predicted to fit in this
> space group. Is there a possibility of the lipid cubic phase being
> crystallised on it's own, or is there any other obvious reason?
>
> Thank you,
> Maria

> https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=CCP4BB&A=1
> <https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=CCP4BB&A=1>

Patrick J.  Loll, PhD
Professor of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Drexel University College of Medicine
Room 10-102 New College Building
245 N. 15th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19102-1192 USA