Dear Matthew,

     You seem to have been unlucky with this data collection. STARANISO
would be prepared to see significant data extending to 2.0A along a*, 2.7A
along b*, and 1.7A along c*. The latter limit, however, involves some guess
work via the fitting by an ellipsoid of a cut-off surface that is very much
perturbed by the fact that you have a both a cusp and a truncation by the
detector edges in that direction. Without those, it looks quite probable
that you would have good solid data extending beyond 1.6A - if only you
could redo the experiment in such a way as to actually measure them ;-) .

     As Eleanor said, it is a bad idea to make decisions about data on the
basis of the "downstream" criteria you were mentioning. STARANISO is not
just a numerical program that estimates numbers and suggests some sensible
actions that it will carry out for you: it is also a 3D visualisation tool
that shows you much more about your data and its possible shortcomings than
any Table1-style numbers ever will. If there are indeed deficiencies in the
data, like here, these 3D pictures will often point out what shortcomings in
your experiment are responsible for them. In that case, a new experiment, if
feasible, is always better than any surgery on the deficient data.

     Please feel free to get in touch off-line if you would like more
details, such as patterns of outliers that we have observed.

     With best wishes,

 The STARANISO developers.