Dear All,

many thanks to you all for your suggestions and help! I learned about some
interesting small companies producing proteins and had other useful
suggestions, some already shared with the list. Another example of the
wonderful CCP4bb community.
In the end it looks like we will go for His-tagged GFP, because it will have
specific advantages for the experiments, and someone can produce it locally
here for what will be a good price (don't have an exact quote yet and won't
advertise the outfit unless they desire this).

Lesser known (at least not previously known to me) companies that were
recommended are:
http://www.molirom.com/ <http://www.molirom.com/>
https://www.37cbio.com/ <https://www.37cbio.com/>
https://www.novusbio.com/ <https://www.novusbio.com/>
Acrobiosystems.com <http://acrobiosystems.com/>
(I'm think I can be sure that they are happy to be named)

Best wishes,

Mark

Mark J van Raaij
Dpto de Estructura de Macromoleculas